What to Expect on a HOPE Hotline Call
Free help is just a phone call away. Get the information and guidance you need today by speaking to one of our advisors. Call the HPF Homeowner’s HOPE™ Hotline at 888-995-HOPE (4673) or dial 711 for hearing impaired.
We understand that everyone has a unique situation, but you don’t have to face your mortgage challenges alone.
Your own outcome is based upon many factors, including your overall financial situation, if or how far behind you are on your mortgage payments, whether the foreclosure process has started, and the type and terms of your mortgage agreement. Regardless of your situation or status, we can work with you to meet your overall housing and financial goals! Our experience tells us that the sooner you call, the more options are available to help you work through difficulties and help you get back on track.
Many homeowners may simply need assistance developing a plan to get them on a better financial path. The more complete and focused a picture we have of your financial situation, the more likely it is that we can help you manage it. Rest assured, we are not here to judge you for your spending habits or the size of your debts – we are here to help, period!
Here is the information you should have handy before you call for the first time:
- You mortgage company name, loan number, payment amount, and status.
- Your household income and an idea of your monthly household expenses.
What you can expect from that first call
Our focus is on you. You can expect to be assisted in a professional manner by a judgment free, trusted advisor. Their goal is to provide you guidance and education to help you identify the best options for your unique situation and help you work with your mortgage company. Providing guidance and education to assist with your unique situation.
- By talking through your situation and goals with the counselor, You’ll build an accurate profile of your financial health, which will include a full review of your income, recurring debts, and household expenses.
- Once the initial review is complete, your counselor will then work with you to create a step-by-step action plan for resolving your financial challenges.
- You may be referred to additional nonprofit or governmental resources if you need additional assistance with specific issues, and your counselor can even call your mortgage company with you to determine your options and begin the conversation about resolving your situation
- Rest assured, we have worked with hundreds of mortgage companies and can provide critical data and background information to assist you and your mortgage company in determining available options regarding modifications or changes to your mortgage agreement
- HPF counselors will also provide information about local resources that may helpful to you
HPF housing counselors are here to help, providing free foreclosure prevention counseling and advice to homeowners like you in more than 200 languages.
If you are experiencing a hardship or have other needs, we are just a phone call way! Call the HPF Homeowner’s HOPE™ Hotline at 888-995-HOPE (4673) or dial 711 for hearing impaired today to see how we might be able to support!