Why should I trust your organization?
The Homeownership Preservation Foundation’s (HPF’s) HOPE Hotline has been a trusted, independent partner serving more than 9 million homeowners since 2007.
We’ll support you by:
- Providing resourceful information: Information is power! Well informed homeowners are more equipped to handle various financial situations.
- Offering professional guidance: Speaking to a housing counselor, also known as an advocate, expert, advisor, educator, consultant – provides homeowners with a trusted resource that empowers you to make more informed housing and financial decisions.
- Respecting you: Our counselors are here to help, not judge! We offer honest guidance, hope, and a sympathetic ear throughout the process.
- Customizing advice to fit your unique situation: HPF counselors will ask questions and will use the information you provide to help you better stabilize your financial health.
- Identifying options: We help homeowners explore all available options to help avoid foreclosure, including modifications, short sales, repayment plans, and will explore government programs that may be available.
- Connecting you with additional resources: In 95% of HPF cases, homeowners are linked to other local services that can assist them.
- Creating a personalized action plan: Many homeowners may simply need assistance developing a plan to get them on a better financial path. Our counselors take an in-depth look at your current income and spending, and will create a tailored budget and plan of action called a Client Action Plan. We celebrate the wins, big and small and are here for you every step of the way! If home retention is not an option, housing counselors will review options available to you and help determine the best solution for your particular situation.
- HPF has developed strong and trusted relationships with your mortgage company and often receives referrals from them to assist with determining options. By developing those relationships, HPF is better able to understand their process and help you navigate you through the process.
Did you know?
- Seventy-one percent of those homeowners counseled by our Homeowner’s HOPE Hotline reported that they were still in their home one year later
- Homeowners who receive counseling are 2 to 3 times more likely to receive a loan modification and 70 percent less likely to redefault on a modified loan than were similar borrowers who did not receive counseling
- Counseled borrowers received more favorable terms on their loan modifications compared to uncounseled borrowers (on average, $267 lower monthly payment and a lower interest rates).
- Homeowners already seriously delinquent on their loans were 60% more likely to avoid foreclosure after meeting with a counselor
- Studies found early intervention does matter! Borrowers are far more likely to receive a loan modification and/or keep their homes than those who received counseling when they were seriously delinquent or in foreclosure
- Pre-Purchase and Housing Counseling are associated with factors tied to sustainable homeownership – studies have shown increases ranging from 26-53 percent self-reported knowledge – Information is power!
Talk with our team to learn more888-995-4673
Counseled Homeowners were asked:
Which part of the Housing Counseling did you find most helpful?
“Just laying out a strategic plan on how to move forward in planning my finances.”
“Reassurance that addressing my issues was the right thing to do AND that I had options”
“All of it!!! I received all the help I needed. I’m budgeting much better. It is all good I’m glad I took the time to turn over my mortgage statement and read about HPF. I had no idea that kind of help was available!!! Thank You!”
“The encouragement and the defining my options. It’s wonderful to feel like I have options”
“It is very difficult for me to ask for help but my financial situation needed to be addressed by an unbiased, supportive source. I am grateful to Cynthia because she took the time to explain my options directly and in detail...nothing was rushed and my options left me feeling empowered.”